Sunday, September 18, 2005

Center Street Grill Turlock, CA

Informal dining in Turlock California.
We went for a meal at the Center Street Grill in the recently renovated downtown area of E. Main street in Turlock. The place was busy but we were greeted and seated quickly. The decor is pub like with tile floors and ceiling fans. It was a little loud due to the tile and a couple of large parties. The menu is a nice steak and seafood type however no childrens selections other than the appetizer selections. We ordered drinks, milk for my daughter, water for the wife and a margarita for me. They were out of milk, my margarita was good....bartender forgot the garnish. The service was adequate. No refined service. A little un tidy with unnecessary items left on the table. The waitress did well dispite the lack of experience and finesse. I had steak and shrimp, it was good. The minestrone soup was really quite good. The house salad was swimming in italian dressing and made from primarily iceberg lettuce. A shame when there are great greens available here in the center of California's agricultural region. My wife ordered the grilled chicken and it was good however we noticed that grilled chicken and grilled lemon pepper chicken were available and it seemed as if the plain grilled chicken was coated with pepper and was quite citrusy. I suppose they were out of the regular chicken breast........strange in Foster Farms home town. I ordered a couple of appetizers for my daughter and she did well with them. I didn't order any wine but did peruse the list which was utterly lacking. Six choices five of which were Gallo products in disguise. My suggestions for this restaurant would be better staff training and education and a more appealing selection of wines.......not necessarily a bigger list just a more interesting selection especially in the California wine selection. All in all I would go back but maybe for lunch or a snack and a drink in the bar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home